High-Tech ICU Nurse
Join Our High-Tech, High-Touch ICU Team in San Antonio, TX
- $29.07/hr. to $40.58/hr.
Location: San Antonio, TX
Shift: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you a dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) looking for an opportunity to make a difference in patient care? Join our dynamic ICU team in San Antonio, Texas. Our state-of-the-art facility offers an exceptional work environment where cutting-edge technology meets compassionate patient care.
- 🩺 - Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nursing program. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred, and certification in your specialty area will be considered more highly qualified.
- 🩺 - Bring a minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse.
- 🩺 - Maintain a current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or possess a Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date).
- 🩺 - Hold current American Heart Association BLS Certification.
Why Choose Us:
- 🌟 Cutting-Edge Facility: Experience nursing in a state-of-the-art healthcare facility equipped with the latest technology.
- 🩺 Clinical Excellence: As a member of our ICU team, you'll consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, and scientific judgment to deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- 🤝 Collaborative Team: Work closely with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- 💬 Communication: Exhibit effective communication, confidence, and professionalism by actively engaging in unit and organizational activities.
- 🌐 Diverse Experience: Care for a variety of ICU patients, with a focus on open-heart cases and stroke care.
- 👩🔬 Advanced Training: Collaborate closely with the Eye Bank and Tissue and Organ Alliance.
- 🌈 Positive Culture: Join a team that values teamwork, support, education, empowerment, and fun!
- 👨🎓 Mentoring Future Nurses: Actively precept nursing students from several institutions, many of whom return to the team as RNs.
- 🌟 Clinical Excellence: Apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and technical skills to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- 🤝 Collaborative Care: Collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes by sharing insights and expertise.
- 📄 Documentation: Maintain accurate and complete patient records, ensuring all relevant information is properly documented.
- 🩺 Patient Assessment: Conduct thorough patient assessments, including physical examinations and reviewing medical histories.
- 🔬 Diagnostic Support: Perform diagnostic tests and evaluations as needed, analyzing results and making recommendations for patient care.
- 🗣️ Communication: Maintain clear and effective communication with patients, their families, and healthcare colleagues to provide updates, address concerns, and ensure everyone is informed about the patient's condition and care plan.
- 💊 Medication Administration: Administer prescribed medications, including dosage calculations, and ensure patients' safety and comfort.
- 🛏️ Patient Care: Provide patient care by changing dressings, cleaning wounds, monitoring vital signs, and responding to patient needs promptly and efficiently.
- 📋 Record Keeping: Document patient condition, care provided, and any changes in the patient's health status in accordance with established protocols.
- 🏥 Equipment Maintenance: Assemble, install, disassemble, assess, and maintain medical equipment, following manufacturer and department policies.
- 📚 Education: Educate patients and their families on their conditions, treatment plans, and any necessary lifestyle modifications.
- 🔄 Adaptability: Adapt to various situations within the ICU, including rotating to different areas, and perform duties within your demonstrated competency.
- ⚕️ Quality Care: Maintain accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promote a positive image of nursing through your professionalism and dedication to patient well-being.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary ranging from $29.07/hr to $40.58/hr, with additional night differentials based on experience.
- 🏙️ San Antonio Living: Enjoy the vibrant culture and beautiful surroundings of San Antonio.
- 🌆 Relocation Assistance: We understand that relocating can be a big step. That's why we offer relocation assistance on a case-by-case basis to help ease your transition.
- 🩺 Comprehensive Healthcare: Access to a range of healthcare options, ensuring you and your family are covered.
- 🌠 Retirement Plans: Secure your future with our retirement plans and investment options.
- 📚 Continuing Education: We invest in our team's professional growth. You'll have access to ongoing training and education to stay at the top of your field.
- ⚕️ Health and Wellness: Take advantage of wellness programs, counseling services, and health assessments to maintain your well-being.
- 👨👩👧👦 Family Support: We understand the importance of work-life balance. Benefit from family-friendly policies and support.
- 🎓 Tuition Reimbursement: If you're looking to further your education, we can help with tuition reimbursement.
- 🌳 Community Involvement: Join us in giving back to the community through volunteer opportunities and outreach programs.
Ready to advance your nursing career and make a meaningful impact on patient care? Join our ICU team in San Antonio and apply today. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.