Oncology Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Oncology
Location: Providence, RI 02908
Shift: 3x12-Hour (19:00 - 07:00)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-Week Renewable Contract
We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurse to join our Oncology unit in Providence, RI. As an Oncology Nurse, you will play a vital role in providing specialized care to patients with cancer and related illnesses. This is a night shift position with a schedule of 3x12-hour shifts (19:00 - 07:00).
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to patients undergoing cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy.
- Assess patients' physical and emotional needs and develop individualized care plans.
- Administer medications and treatments specific to oncology patients, closely monitoring their responses and managing side effects.
- Educate patients and their families about their condition, treatment options, and self-care techniques.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate and manage patient care, ensuring seamless transitions between various healthcare settings.
- Use the Meditech charting system to document patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes accurately.
- Monitor patients' vital signs, lab results, and diagnostic reports, promptly reporting any abnormalities to the healthcare team.
- Provide emotional support and comfort to patients and their families throughout their cancer journey.
- Adhere to infection control protocols and maintain a safe and clean environment for patients and staff.
- Valid Registered Nurse license in the state of Rhode Island.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an oncology or related medical-surgical setting.
- BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification required.
- Experience with telemetry monitoring is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Meditech charting system is advantageous.
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and emotional support to patients and their families.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on facility guidelines (Medical Exemptions Only).
Note: We welcome first-time travelers to apply for this position, and local candidates are also encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients battling cancer and contribute to a multidisciplinary team dedicated to providing high-quality care. If you are passionate about oncology nursing and possess the necessary skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply. We look forward to reviewing your application and considering you for this rewarding opportunity.