RN New Grad Program
RN New Grad Program Opportunity - Lake City, FL (Job ID: 749643)
- Join the StaRN Residency Program in Lake City, FL!
- Position: RN New Grad – Med Surg
- Location: Lake City, FL
- Type: Full-time, Permanent Contingent
About the StaRN Residency Program: This year-long program kicks off with a PAID Classroom/Preceptorship, offering new graduate RNs acute care nursing experience. Unit positions vary throughout the year based on hospital needs.
Program Structure, Duties and Responsibilities:
Part 1: StaRN Training (5-8 weeks, depending on specialty)
- Instructor-led classroom training
- Simulation training and debriefs
- Certification for each unit
- Charting system training
- Typical Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8-hour days
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship (7-8 weeks, depending on specialty)
- On-site hospital training
- One-on-one preceptor assignments
- Development meetings with resident, preceptor, and director
- Typical Schedule: Three 12-hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: HCA Residency Program (For the remainder of the 1st year)
- Transition to full-time roles post-StaRN Program completion
- Monthly interactions with a mentor
- Completion of an evidence-based capstone project
- Tracks include MST/Telemetry, Critical Care, ED, Women’s Services, and Perioperative.
- Pay Rates During Training: Starting at $27.20/hr, with increments based on experience.
- Sign-on/Relocation Bonus: $7,500 (2-year commitment, paid post training/preceptorship)
- Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school within the past year.
- Self-driven with excellent communication skills.
- Full attendance throughout the StaRN Training program.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits post-training: Paid Family Leave, 401k Match, Medical, Dental & Vision, Stock Purchase, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Assistance, and more!
When applying, please address the following questions:
- Nursing school graduation date, school, and degree obtained?
- Current RN license status in Florida?
- Why you're interested in joining us?
- Prior employment or interview history with HCA or its facilities?
- Any previous healthcare roles outside of schooling?
- Flexibility regarding unit and shift placement and any preferences?
- Career aspirations as an RN and how StaRN can assist?
Apply Today! Take your first steps into the world of acute care nursing with guidance and support from one of the leading healthcare providers in Florida.
Note: This position is for recent nursing graduates or those with less than 1 year of RN experience. Ensure to submit your application promptly due to limited available positions.