Interventional Radiology Nurse
Job Title: Interventional Radiology Nurse (IR RN)
Location: Baltimore, MD 21215
Shift: 4x10-hour shifts (07:00 - 17:30)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-Week Renewable Contract
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Interventional Radiology Nurse (IR RN) to join our team in Baltimore, MD. As an IR RN, you will play a vital role in providing exceptional patient care in the interventional radiology department. This is a 13-week renewable contract position, offering day shifts on a 4x10-hour schedule. If you have a minimum of 2 years of experience, including cardiac cath lab experience, and possess the required certifications, we invite you to apply and join our dynamic team.
- Assist physicians in performing interventional radiology procedures, including cardiac catheterizations, angiograms, and other minimally invasive treatments.
- Monitor and assess patients before, during, and after procedures, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Administer medications and sedatives as necessary, in accordance with physician orders and established protocols.
- Operate and monitor specialized equipment used during procedures, such as fluoroscopy machines and imaging systems.
- Collaborate with the interventional radiology team to provide comprehensive patient care and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Educate patients and their families about the procedure, possible risks, and post-procedure care instructions.
- Document patient information, procedure details, and nursing care provided accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a sterile and organized work environment, adhering to infection control protocols and regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in on-call rotations as required by the department.
- Valid and active Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Maryland.
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience, with specific experience in interventional radiology and cardiac catheterization lab.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and BLS (Basic Life Support) certifications.
- Previous experience in a Level I or Level II trauma center is preferred.
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge of interventional radiology procedures and techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the healthcare team, patients, and their families.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Availability to participate in on-call rotations as required by the department.
Note: In accordance with facility guidelines, the COVID-19 vaccine is required for all employees, with medical or religious exemptions available.
Join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals and contribute to delivering high-quality care in the field of Interventional Radiology. We welcome both experienced travelers and first-time travelers to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills and expand your career in an innovative and collaborative environment.