Medical Surgical Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical
Location: Hickory, NC 28602
Start Date: ASAP
Shift: 3x12-Hour (19:00 - 07:00)
Job Duration: 13-Week Renewable Contract
We are currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Registered Nurse with experience in Medical Surgical nursing to join our team in Hickory, NC. As a Registered Nurse in the Medical Surgical unit, you will provide exceptional care to adult patients with a wide range of medical conditions.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive nursing care for patients admitted to the Medical Surgical unit.
- Monitor and document patients' vital signs, symptoms, and changes in condition.
- Administer medications, treatments, and procedures as prescribed by physicians and in accordance with facility policies.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement individualized care plans.
- Monitor and manage patient pain levels and provide appropriate pain management interventions.
- Educate patients and their families on their conditions, treatments, and post-discharge care.
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of patient care activities in the electronic medical record system.
- Ensure compliance with infection control protocols and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Float to IMCU (Intermediate Care Unit), CCU (Critical Care Unit), or Psy (Psychiatric) units if needed, based on the needs of the facility.
- Valid Registered Nurse license in the state of North Carolina.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Medical Surgical nursing.
- BLS certification required (via AHA).
- Familiarity with electronic medical record systems, experience with Meditech preferred.
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, families, and the healthcare team.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work weekdays, every other weekend, and holidays as required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on facility guidelines (Medical/Religious Exemptions Only).
We offer a supportive and collaborative work environment where you can enhance your skills and contribute to improving patient outcomes. Join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals and make a difference in the lives of our patients. We look forward to reviewing your application and considering you for this rewarding opportunity.