Virtual Outpatient Coder - Nashville, TN
Position Type: Full-Time (Work From Home)
Salary Range: $21.45/hr to $29.54/hr based on experience
Specialty: Accounting - Accounting
About the Organization:
The organization is a leader in revenue cycle services, partnering with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nationwide. They are dedicated to ensuring patients have the best experience even after leaving their facilities.
As a member of the hospital outpatient coding team, you will work on outpatient coding quality and/or billing alerts/edits for various outpatient encounters. This role is ideal for those looking to transition from production coding to an outpatient coding quality review position.
- Verify accuracy of assigned CPT codes for complex procedures.
- Validate diagnosis coding accuracy for complex encounters.
- Review charge and procedure mismatches, codes with revenue integrity, invalid codes, and more.
- Work with team members in billing, revenue integrity, etc. to resolve alerts/edits.
- Initiate rebills for miscoded encounters.
- Assist with resolving accounts with HIM/Coding unbilled hold reasons.
- Undergraduate degree in HIM/HIT. (Health Information Management )
- Minimum 1 year of hospital, acute care same day surgery outpatient coding and auditing experience.
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS preferred.
- Experience in wound care, interventional radiology, ED, observation coding.
- Proficiency in technology and experience with multi-systems.
- Experience in multi-facility or larger hospitals is a plus.
- Candidates residing in California, Colorado, Hawaii, or New York will not be accepted.
How to Apply:
If you're a dedicated professional with a passion for healthcare and looking for a rewarding career in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Keywords: Virtual Outpatient Coder, Coding, Medical, Healthcare, Job Opportunity, Nashville, TN.