Job Title: Medical Technologist - IRL
Location: Largo, FL 33773
Shift: Full-time (rotating weekends)
Salary: $49,920-$58,240/year based on experience
We are currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Medical Technologist to join our laboratory team. As a Medical Technologist, you will perform various clinical laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of a Laboratory Supervisor, Manager, or Director. If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Utilize information system computer functions related to job duties effectively.
- Perform laboratory testing in accordance with written procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Analyze proficiency testing samples and complete them within the designated timeframe.
- Assume departmental responsibilities in the absence of the supervisor.
- Maintain accurate documentation and records of patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Interpret patient results and exercise independent judgment.
- Resolve outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief, as needed.
- Conduct quality control procedures and document results.
- Take corrective action when results fall outside acceptable guidelines.
- Assist the supervisor in meeting department regulatory requirements.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment according to schedule.
- Monitor reagents and supplies inventory and utilize them appropriately.
- Stay updated with education and development relevant to the position.
- Handle problems and critical laboratory specimens/test results promptly.
- Associate degree in medical technology is required. Bachelor’s degree in medical technology is preferred.
- Must have a valid State of Florida Technologist License or the ability to obtain one during the interview process.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist.
- Experience in Medical Technologist/Medical Lab Scientist roles is required.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in an organized manner.
- Good judgment and independent thinking in result interpretation.
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems and computer functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic equipment malfunctions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Join our dedicated laboratory team and contribute to providing accurate and timely clinical laboratory testing. We look forward to reviewing your application and discussing the potential of working together.