Radiology/Cardiology MRI Technician
Job Title: MRI Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Shift: Night 3x12-Hour (20:00 - 08:30)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-week renewable contract
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced MRI Technician to join our dynamic team in a renowned teaching hospital in Atlanta, GA. As an MRI Tech, you will be responsible for performing MRI procedures on patients of various age groups, including adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. This is an inpatient role in a Level I Trauma center, providing you with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This position requires proficiency in various MRI procedures, including abdomen, pelvis, head/neck, chest, spine, musculoskeletal, CINE (preferred), diffusion (non-brain), and more.
- Perform MRI procedures on patients in accordance with established protocols and physician orders.
- Utilize your expertise in PACS and contrast administration (preferred) to ensure accurate and high-quality imaging.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a wide range of MRI procedure skills, including but not limited to image post-processing, maximum intensity projection (MIP), multiplanar reconstruction (MRP), perfusion, peripheral magnetic resource (preferred), spin echo images, surface coils, T-1 weighted images, and T-2 weighted images.
- Maintain a patient-centered approach and ensure the comfort and safety of patients during MRI examinations.
- Collaborate effectively with the healthcare team to coordinate patient care and communicate any pertinent findings or concerns.
- Utilize EPIC (preferred) and Siemens systems to document and manage patient information and imaging data.
- Adhere to strict safety protocols and guidelines to minimize risks associated with MRI procedures.
- Maintain equipment cleanliness and report any equipment malfunctions or discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- ARRT certification as an MRI Technologist.
- ARRT Advanced Certification (preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an MRI Tech (first-time travelers accepted).
- Proficiency in EPIC (preferred) and Siemens systems.
- Familiarity with PACS and contrast administration (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient care, safety, and quality.
Join our dedicated team and contribute to providing exceptional patient care in a Level I Trauma teaching hospital. Apply now to be part of our skilled and compassionate team of healthcare professionals.