Critical Care Pharmacist
Clinical Pharmacist Critical Care-ID - Tallahassee, FL (743062)
- (10 yr)- $ 63.13
- (17yr MAX) $68.69
- Sign On: $10k
- Relo: Case by Case
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Clinical Pharmacist with critical care or infectious disease training to join our dedicated healthcare team. As a 288-bed acute care hospital, we are fully accredited and committed to providing advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach. The Advanced Clinical Pharmacist - Critical Care will play a crucial role in ensuring safe and effective medication utilization for patients in the ICU. If you have a passion for patient care and possess advanced knowledge and skills in pharmacy, we invite you to join our team and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
- Serve as a patient advocate and collaborate with multidisciplinary rounding teams to provide evidence-based and cost-effective pharmaceutical care in the ICU.
- Participate in facility committees to establish medication-related policies and procedures for the ICU.
- Oversee the critical care service line within the hospital, ensuring the highest standard of care.
- Identify opportunities to minimize drug costs through appropriate drug utilization and cost-containment measures.
- Educate healthcare staff on clinical pharmacy services, new drugs, and updated clinical guidelines.
- Accurately transcribe and verify medication orders in the pharmacy computer system.
- Compound and dispense pharmaceuticals with precision and accuracy.
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Sustain the hospital formulary, promote rational drug therapy selection, and utilize therapeutic interchanges.
- Provide timely and accurate medication information to healthcare staff and patients.
- Support clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, and pain management.
- Document all clinical activities and interventions thoroughly.
- Report medication errors and adverse drug reactions promptly and accurately.
- Supervise pharmacy operation activities and provide support to the pharmacy team.
- Education: BS or Masters in Pharmacy from a college accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education
- License/Certifications: Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience with previous experience or residency in Infectious Disease or Critical Care
- Ideal Candidate: Customer service abilities, critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Shift and Benefits:
You'll enjoy a mixed shift with rotation every other weekend, providing you with work-life balance. We offer a competitive salary range starting from $56.55 per hour for 1 year of experience, up to $68.69 per hour for 17 years of experience. Additionally, we offer a sign-on bonus of $10,000 to welcome you to our team. Relocation assistance is available on a case-by-case basis.
Ready to Make a Difference?
Join us in our mission to provide exceptional healthcare services with compassion and excellence. Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!