Job Title: Surgery Manager RN
Location: Austin, TX 78758
Shift: Full-Time, No Weekends
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Surgery Manager RN to join our team. Reporting directly to the Chief Nursing Officer, this position is responsible for the overall management and delivery of patient care within the nursing unit. The Surgery Manager RN will demonstrate exceptional leadership abilities, foster collaborative relationships, and ensure compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
- Assume 24-hour accountability for the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care within the surgery unit.
- Identify and address the special needs and considerations of age-specific populations.
- Manage human, fiscal, and other resources effectively.
- Develop and mentor personnel, ensuring their professional growth and development.
- Ensure compliance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures, including attendance, mandatory education, safety, and infection control.
- Administer and analyze goals and objectives for the surgery unit, meeting organizational goals and proactively anticipating change and the need for action.
- Prepare departmental budget, projecting activity levels and expenses required to achieve approved net margin.
- Maintain compliance with current regulations and requirements of outside regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrate understanding of process improvement and actively promote the assessment and improvement of performance.
- Exhibit high ethical standards in business practices, supporting organizational goals and communicating them in a positive and supportive manner.
- Select and develop employees, prepare performance evaluations, and motivate staff.
- Ensure employee health and safety, emergency code compliance, infection control, and staff continuing education.
- Comply with BCLS and ACLS certification requirements as per hospital policy.
- Graduation from an accredited bachelor’s degree nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program.
- Minimum of two years of management position experience.
- Master's Degree in a related field (preferred).
- Minimum of five years of experience in a related area (preferred).
- Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from the start date to obtain a Texas RN License.
- BCLS certification as per hospital policy.
- ACLS certification as per hospital policy (preferred).
Join our dynamic team and make a difference in the lives of our patients. We look forward to reviewing your application and considering you for this rewarding opportunity.