Interventional Radiology Technologist
Job Title: Interventional Radiology Technologist
Location: Tampa, FL 33607
Start Date: ASAP
Shift: 4x10-Hour (07:00 - 17:30)
Job Duration: 13-Week Renewable Contract
We are currently seeking an experienced Interventional Radiology Technologist to join our Radiology / Cardiology team. As an Interventional Radiology Technologist, you will be responsible for performing various interventional radiology procedures during day shifts on a 4x10-hour schedule (07:00 - 17:30). This is a 13-week renewable contract position, and we welcome both experienced professionals and first-time travelers. If you have at least 1 year of experience with a focus on vascular interventions, possess the necessary certifications, and are committed to providing high-quality patient care, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Perform interventional radiology procedures according to established protocols and physician orders.
- Prepare patients for procedures, ensuring their safety, comfort, and understanding of the intervention.
- Set up and operate radiology equipment and imaging devices used in interventional procedures.
- Administer contrast agents as needed and monitor patients for any adverse reactions.
- Assist physicians during procedures by providing them with necessary instruments and equipment.
- Monitor patients' vital signs and responses during procedures, ensuring their well-being throughout.
- Document patient information, procedures performed, and imaging findings accurately and promptly.
- Collaborate with radiologists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated patient care.
- Follow radiation safety guidelines and protocols to minimize radiation exposure for patients, staff, and self.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, adhering to infection control and safety standards.
- Float within the scope of practice to other areas of the facility as needed to support patient care.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in interventional radiology with a focus on vascular interventions.
- Acceptance of first-time travelers is welcome.
- Weekend availability is required.
- On-call availability as needed is required.
- Willingness to float within the facility's scope of practice to meet patient care needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification.
- Proficiency in PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) and contrast administration.
- Biopsy skills and experience with Cerner EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system are required.
- Experience with Cerner Charting is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Note: In accordance with facility guidelines, the COVID-19 vaccine is required for all employees, with medical/religious exemptions only.
Join our dedicated team of healthcare professionals and contribute to providing exceptional interventional radiology services to our patients. This is an opportunity to showcase your skills and make a positive impact on patient care in a dynamic healthcare setting.