ICU Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Location: Valdosta, GA 31602
Shift: 3x12-Hour (19:00 - 07:00)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-Week Renewable Contract
We are currently seeking experienced and dedicated Registered Nurses with a specialization in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nursing to join our team in Valdosta, GA. As an ICU Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to adult and geriatric patients in critical condition. This is a 12-week renewable contract position with the possibility of extension. If you have the required experience, possess the necessary skills, and are ready to make a positive impact on the lives of patients, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to critically ill adult and geriatric patients in the ICU.
- Monitor and assess patient conditions, including cardiac diagnoses and cardiothoracic surgical patients.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians.
- Interpret and manage dysrhythmias and monitor cardiac patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of patient information using the EPIC documentation system.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to develop and implement individualized patient care plans.
- Maintain proficiency in the care of ventilated patients and continuous IV sedation administration (preferred).
- Float to Critical Progressive Unit (CPU), Progressive Care Unit (PCU), and occasionally to Medical/Surgical/Telemetry (MS/Tele) with a maximum of 4 patients.
- Adhere to nurse-to-patient ratios of 1:3-4 in the cardiac progressive (stepdown) area.
- Rotate between day and night shifts in the stepdown area.
- Valid RN license in the state of Georgia.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an intensive care unit setting.
- First-time travelers are welcome.
- Experience in interpreting and managing dysrhythmias.
- Proficiency in continuous IV sedation administration and procedural sedation (preferred).
- ACLS and BCLS certifications are required.
- CCRN certification is preferred.
- Experience in caring for ventilated patients.
- Familiarity with the Omnicell medication system.
Note: The facility requires COVID-19 vaccination for all staff, with medical or religious exemptions considered.
Join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals and contribute to providing exceptional critical care to our adult and geriatric patients. Apply now to be a part of our dynamic and growing organization.