Medical Surgical/Telemetry Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - MS/Tele
Location: Stuart, FL 34997
Shift: 3x12-Hour (19:00 - 07:00)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-week renewable contract
We are seeking dedicated and experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) to join our Medical-Surgical/Telemetry unit. As an RN in this specialty, you will provide comprehensive and compassionate care to patients with various medical conditions, utilizing your expertise in telemetry monitoring. This is a 13-week renewable contract position with the potential for extension.
- Deliver high-quality nursing care to medical-surgical and telemetry patients, ensuring their comfort, safety, and well-being.
- Perform accurate and timely assessments of patients' conditions, monitor vital signs, and interpret telemetry readings.
- Administer medications, IV fluids, and treatments as prescribed by physicians and monitor patients' responses.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to develop and implement individualized care plans.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and colleagues, providing education and emotional support.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation of patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes.
- Participate in shift handoffs, interdisciplinary rounds, and contribute to the development of a collaborative care environment.
- Remain updated on current best practices, evidence-based guidelines, and advancements in medical-surgical and telemetry nursing.
- Adhere to infection control protocols, safety standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and decision-making skills in emergency situations.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Florida.
- Minimum of 18 months of recent experience in tele/acute care settings; 2 years preferred.
- First-time travelers are welcome to apply.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification.
- Willingness to work night shifts, including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Note: Local candidates are accepted for this position. Must have received the COVID-19 vaccine as per facility guidelines, with medical or religious exemptions accepted.
Join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals and make a difference in the lives of our patients. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your skills, expand your knowledge, and grow professionally in a supportive and collaborative environment. Apply now to embark on a rewarding career journey with us!