Respiratory Therapist - Join Our Team in Gainesville, FL
- Hourly Pay:$25/hr - $37/hr.
Join Our Team
Full-time - Nights (Rotating Weekends)
Are you a Respiratory Therapist looking for an exciting opportunity in Gainesville, FL? Join our team at our Florida Hospital. With over 49 years of service to North Central Florida, we are a 523-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center. Our commitment to patient care and safety is unparalleled, and we offer a wide range of services, including comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, and more. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and are designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. Join us and be a part of our dedicated team!
Job Summary and Qualifications:
As a Respiratory Therapist, you will play a crucial role in patient care. Your responsibilities include:
- Understanding patient responses, side effects, and proper dosages of respiratory medications.
- Effective communication with physicians, patients, managers, and the public.
- Ability to teach, assess, and reassess others.
- Recognizing and reporting abuse and neglect in patients.
- Knowledge of generally accepted respiratory care practices as prescribed by physicians.
- Delivering, setting up, and maintaining routine and non-routine respiratory therapies and equipment.
- Performing and interpreting Arterial Blood Gases.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an acute care setting required (ICU, CVICU, NICU, PICU, Critical care unit).
- FL State Respiratory License
- NBRC – RRT/CRT
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- NRP (Neonate Resuscitate) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- PALS (Pediatric Adv Life Support) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- Nights (6:30p-7a) with every other weekend rotation.
Note: Day shift availability has a current waitlist of approximately 2 years.
- 1 year: $24.93
- 2-3 years: $27.17
- 4-5 years: $28.30
- 6-7 years: $29.42
- 9-10 years: $30.54
- Cap: $33.59
- Sign-On Bonus: $7,500
- Relocation: Case by case
- Shift Differentials:
- Nights: $3.25
- Weekend: $2
If you're a dedicated Respiratory Therapist with a passion for patient care, we want you on our team. Join us and take the next step in your career.
Apply today and be part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.