Cardiac Stepdown RN
Cardiac Stepdown RN - Plano, TX
- Salary: $30/hr. - $ 54/hr.
Position Overview: We invite you to join our dedicated team as a Cardiac Stepdown RN in Plano, Texas. We have opportunities available for both day and night shifts, with rotating weekends.
About Us: Our facility is a full-service, 603-bed acute-care hospital, staffed by over 2,070 employees and more than 1,466 physicians representing various specialties. We offer a Level 1 trauma center, emergency care, cardiovascular programs, women's and children's services, and much more.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: As a Cardiac Stepdown RN, you'll play a crucial role in organizing, modifying, evaluating, documenting, and maintaining patient care plans. You'll have the opportunity to implement technical skills, delegate nursing care, and incorporate teaching into your practice. Our 39-bed intermediate care unit is a close-knit team that provides care for a variety of stepdown patients, including those with cardiac procedures, interventional, and surgical cases.
- BSN Required (Magnet Facility)
- Tuition-Free ADN to BSN program available with CNO approval (Online program, approximately one year)
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS certification
- PALS certification required within 6 months
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent Progressive Care, Stepdown, PCU, or Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital (2 years preferred)
- Cardiac experience is preferred
- Basic drip and basic EKG knowledge required
- 39 Bed Neuro PCU
- 1:3-1:4 Nurse-to-Patient Ratio
- Fast-paced environment with high acuity patients
- Strong emphasis on customer service, treating patients like family, and nurse-friendly teamwork
- Self-scheduling, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness, certification assistance, and 401k program with a match
- On-site Starbucks in the lobby
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Starting Salary: $30/hour (1 year of experience)
- Mid-Career Salary: $38.87/hour (10 years of experience)
- Maximum Salary: $46/hour (20 years of experience)
- Night Shift Differential: $3.75/hour
- Weekend Differential: $4.30/hour
Relocation: Case by Case Basis
Are you ready to make a significant impact in your nursing career and join a team that cares like family? Apply now to become a Cardiac Stepdown RN in Plano, Texas!
Join us in delivering exceptional care and advancing your nursing journey with us!