Medical Telemetry RN
Position Overview for Med Tele PCCU RN Role
- Salary: Ranges from $30/hr (1 year of experience) to $46/hr (20 years of experience).
- Night shift offers a differential of $3.75 per hour and an additional $4.30 for weekend shifts.
Location: Arlington, TX
- Full Time Days: 7A-7P, Rotating Weekends (3X12's)
- Full Time Nights: 7P-7A, Rotating Weekends (3X12’s)
Facility Overview: The hospital is a leading 432-bed full-service healthcare institution, strategically located in South Arlington. Housing a devoted team of over 1,000 healthcare professionals, including nurses, therapists, technicians, and a diverse range of skilled physicians representing numerous medical specialities, it stands as a beacon of healthcare excellence in the region, known for compassionate care, state-of-the-art amenities, and an unwavering commitment to patient well-being.
Position Summary & Responsibilities: As a Med Tele PCCU RN, your core duties will encompass:
- Providing specialized care to a diverse patient group, including Cardiac and Step Down, Post-Surgical, Stable Post Cath, ICU Transfers, and general Medical.
- Operating in a dedicated 35-bed unit that currently serves as the COVID unit.
- Ensuring the understanding and application of relevant medical procedures and treatments.
- Collaborating effectively with a multi-disciplinary team to enhance patient outcomes.
- Overseeing and ensuring the well-being and recovery of post-surgical patients.
- Adhering to and promoting the hospital's safety and hygiene protocols.
- Engaging in continuous learning and professional development activities to stay updated with the latest best practices in the medical field.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid RN license from Texas or an acceptable compact license, fortified with BLS and ACLS credentials issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Education: A BSN degree is distinctly preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year in an acute care backdrop is non-negotiable, especially within a Med Tele, PCU, or Step Down environment. A solid history of working in a hospital environment is essential.
Unit Specifics: This 35-bed unit is pivotal as it currently functions as the designated COVID unit. This facet should be transparently communicated to all potential candidates.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: Ranges from $30/hr (1 year of experience) to $46/hr (20 years of experience). Night shift offers a differential of $3.75 per hour and an additional $4.30 for weekend shifts.
- Benefits: The enticing package comprises Student Loan Repayment, Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs, Paid Personal Leave, 401k matching, Identity Theft Protection, an array of insurance choices, Adoption Assistance, and an enticing Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
A couple of critical footnotes: Sign-on incentives are not a given and the provision of relocation packages is assessed on a case-by-case framework.