Clinical Pharmacist Critical Care-ID - Tallahassee, FL
- Salary Range: $56.55 /hr. - $68.69 /hr.
Position Overview: Join our dynamic healthcare team at our fantastic Hospital, a 288-bed acute care hospital in beautiful Tallahassee, FL. Our hospital is a beacon of healthcare excellence, offering a wide range of services and a commitment to patient-centered care. We are currently seeking an experienced Clinical Pharmacist with a background in critical care or infectious disease to join our team.
Employee Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Healthcare Coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Retirement Planning: 401(k) plan with company match.
- Life Insurance: Coverage to protect your loved ones.
- Paid Time Off: Generous paid time off to maintain work-life balance.
- Career Growth: Opportunities for professional development and advancement within the organization.
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential counseling and support services.
- Wellness Programs: Initiatives to support your physical and mental well-being.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
- Committee Participation: Engage in facility committees responsible for establishing and implementing medication-related policies and procedures within the ICU.
- Critical Care Leadership: Take the lead in directing the critical care service line within the hospital.
- Cost Management: Identify strategies to minimize drug costs in the ICU and implement cost-containment measures.
- Education: Educate nursing, physician, and ancillary teams about clinical pharmacy services, new drugs, and updated clinical guidelines.
- Medication Management: Interpret and accurately transcribe orders into the pharmacy computer system, compound and dispense pharmaceuticals, and monitor drug therapy regimens.
- Formulary Management: Maintain the hospital formulary, promote rational drug therapy selection, and provide accurate medication information.
- Clinical Services: Assist with various clinical services, including drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, and more.
- Documentation: Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all clinical activities and interventions.
- Supervision: Effectively supervise pharmacy operations and support the entire pharmacy team.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's in Pharmacy, graduate of a college accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education, and completion of an accredited PGY-1 residency program (required). Completion of an accredited PGY-2 residency program (preferred).
- License/Certifications: Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Experience: 3 years of acute care experience as a Pharmacist (required). Five years' inpatient hospital experience (preferred). Three years' inpatient hospital experience (preferred). Minimum of 3 years' experience in Infectious Disease/Critical Care in addition to a residency in Infectious Disease or Critical Care.
- Ideal Candidate: Customer service abilities, critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Shift: Mixed, rotating every other weekend.
- Salary Range: $56.55 (1 year) - $63.13 (10 years) - $68.69 (17 years MAX).
- Sign-On Bonus: $10,000.
- Relocation: Case by Case.
Join our dedicated team and make a significant impact on patient care in Tallahassee, FL!