Ortho/Telemetry Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Ortho/Telemetry
Location: San Antonio, TX 78201
Shift: Full-Time, Nights, Rotating Weekends
Salary: $59,155-$91,728/year based on experience
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team in the Ortho/Telemetry unit. As a Registered Nurse in our Ortho/Telemetry unit, you will serve as an advocate for the patients and their families. You will independently deliver safe nursing care using the nursing process, critical thinking skills, and technical expertise.
- Assess, plan, and evaluate patient care needs in the Ortho/Telemetry unit.
- Carry out physician orders and administer prescribed medications.
- Change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs.
- Provide respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition using computerized documentation systems.
- Instruct and educate patients and their families.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Adhere to hospital and unit policies and ensure compliance with safety and infection control protocols.
- Collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate adaptability, teamwork, and serve as a resource person for the patient care team.
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Highly qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in the specialty area.
- Valid RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you hold a Compact License, you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
- Recent acute care experience is a must.
- Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) or Long-Term Care (LTC) RNs will not be considered for this position.
- Minimum of 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
- Strong candidates with 2 to 3 years of experience in Med Surg will also be considered.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and provide examples of the exceptional care provided to patients.
If you are a compassionate and experienced Registered Nurse seeking an opportunity to deliver high-quality care in the Ortho/Telemetry unit, we encourage you to apply for this position. We appreciate your interest in this position and look forward to reviewing your application.