Director of Surgical Services
Join Our Team as an Administrative Director of Surgical Services!
💰 Salary Range: $113,960 - $160,000 (15+ years of experience to be considered for the max)
🏥 Location: Pasadena, Texas
📅 Schedule: Full-Time – No Weekends
🏆 Bonus Incentive: 15% (with 150% upside) All based on Performance
💼 Position Type: Perm Contingent
📅 Length of Process: ASAP
We are a prominent acute care hospital in Pasadena, Texas, with over 340 beds, proudly serving the community for over 50 years. Our dedicated team of board-certified physicians, registered nurses, and skilled technicians is committed to providing top-quality healthcare. We hold Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology, along with full accreditation by The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Administrative Director of Surgical Services, you'll play a strategic role in providing outstanding patient service, growing the service line, developing leadership, and managing resources. Your responsibilities include:
- Actively participating in service, departmental, and hospital-wide committees, providing ongoing communication.
- Advancing the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaching immediate subordinates through providing feedback, constructive critique, and facilitating individual development plans.
- Adhering to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicating departmental, organization, and industry information to staff.
- Facilitating evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Building strong relationships and networks to deliver organizational and department goals.
- Utilizing talent review data for pipeline development.
- Setting a strategic vision and goals for the department.
- Developing standards of care for surgical services and ensuring consistent compliance.
- Overseeing a PI program that monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Following the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Promoting cooperation and collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies.
- Seeking new program strategies and enhancements to expand patient services.
- Developing, prioritizing, and defending capital equipment requests.
- Fiscal management of the department; assuring proper utilization of the organization’s financial resources.
- Advancing the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Promoting service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office.
- Striving to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community we serve.
- Demonstrating a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Developing and building strategic internal and external networks.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of RECENT Director of Surgical Services experience required in an acute care hospital setting.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required.
- Certified Nursing Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred.
By joining our team, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including prescription drug and behavioral health coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts for dental and vision benefits.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement within our organization.
- A vibrant community in Pasadena, Texas, with a desirable climate and a variety of recreational activities.
- Competitive salary based on your years of experience.
- Bonus incentives based on your performance.
- Employee engagement practices to foster a positive workplace culture.
- Support for continued education and professional growth.
- Hiring Manager: CEO
- # FTEs (MGR/DIR only): 3 managers are direct reports. Total of 80-90 FTEs
- # of Beds Per Unit: 10 ORs
- Monthly Department Volume: 40-60 cases/day
- Types of Services: Level III Trauma, CV, general, ortho, endo, women’s services. 2 robots currently
- Reporting Structure: Up to CEO, 3 managers as direct reports
- Type of Culture (Management Style): Director will report directly to the hospital CEO. Looking for someone who is really dialed in on employee engagement. They really pride themselves at this hospital as “people taking care of people”. Great scores currently in Employee Engagement and extremely high with Physician engagement as well.
- Skills from Other Units: Would like to see some specialty experience, specifically CV experience.
- Current Growth Strategies: Include adding an ortho robot. CV program is continuing to grow. Could potentially move into the construction of a hybrid OR in 1-3 years.
Ready to lead and make a significant impact in surgical services? Apply now!