ICU Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Location: Chesapeake, VA 23320
Shift: 3x12-Hour (19:00 - 07:30)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-week renewable contract
We are seeking a highly skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse to join our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) team in Chesapeake, VA. As an ICU nurse, you will play a critical role in providing specialized care to critically ill patients. If you have a strong background in ICU nursing, including experience with ventilators, IV starts, telemetry, and conscious sedation, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide direct and comprehensive care to critically ill patients in the ICU.
- Monitor and interpret vital signs, telemetry, and other patient data to assess patient conditions and initiate appropriate interventions.
- Administer medications, manage IV lines, and assist with procedures such as central line insertions.
- Utilize ventilators and other respiratory equipment to support patients with respiratory distress.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to develop and implement individualized care plans.
- Monitor and ensure the effectiveness of conscious sedation during procedures.
- Willingness to float to the Emergency Department (ED) and Medical Surgical units to care for ICU patients being held.
- Document patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the EPIC electronic medical records system.
- Valid and current RN license.
- BLS and ACLS certifications obtained through the American Heart Association.
- NIHSS certification.
- Proficiency in using the EPIC electronic medical records system.
- A minimum of 3 years of critical care experience preferred, but we will consider strong candidates without 3 years.
- Experience with ventilators, IV starts, telemetry, PA lines, and conscious sedation.
- Travel nursing experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have a COVID-19 vaccination as per facility guidelines, with medical or religious exemptions considered.
Join us in providing exceptional care to our critically ill patients. If you meet the requirements and are ready to make a difference in the lives of our patients, apply now!