Registered Respiratory Therapist
Job Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Respiratory/Neuro Diagnostics
Location: Marion, IN 46952
Shift: 3x12-Hour (18:00 - 06:30)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-week renewable contract
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to join our Respiratory/Neuro Diagnostics department. As an RRT, you will play a vital role in providing specialized respiratory care to patients with respiratory and neurological disorders. Your primary responsibility will be to assess, treat, and monitor patients, ensuring optimal respiratory function and providing support in diagnostic procedures.
- Perform respiratory assessments, including lung function tests and arterial blood gas analysis.
- Administer respiratory treatments and therapies based on physician orders and patient needs.
- Monitor and adjust ventilator settings for patients requiring mechanical ventilation.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of advanced respiratory equipment.
- Collaborate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to develop and implement respiratory care plans.
- Educate patients and their families on respiratory conditions, treatments, and self-care techniques.
- Conduct neurodiagnostic tests, such as EEGs or nerve conduction studies, as required.
- Ensure accurate documentation of patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes.
- Adhere to infection control protocols and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide life-saving interventions when necessary.
- Valid Indiana or Compact License as a Respiratory Therapist
- Current RRT certification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Respiratory/Neuro Diagnostics
- Previous travel experience required.
- Proficiency in performing respiratory assessments, administering treatments, and managing ventilator settings.
- Experience with neurodiagnostic procedures, such as EEGs or nerve conduction studies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with other healthcare professionals.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing patient needs and department priorities.
We welcome both local and travel candidates who meet the requirements for this position. If you are a dedicated and experienced RRT with a passion for respiratory and neurodiagnostic care, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!