Special Procedures Tech
🌟 Exciting Opportunity for an IR/ Special Procedures Tech in St. Petersburg, FL! 🌟
- 🏥 Salary Range: $30/hr.- $42/hr.
- 👨⚕️ Position: IR/ Special Procedures Tech
- 💼 Position Type: Perm Contingent
- 📅 Position Creation Reason: Vacant Position
- 💰 Current Incentives: $20,000 sign-on bonus
Serving the community since 1976, the Hospital is a 288-bed hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL. We offer a full range of services, including comprehensive and interventional stroke care, cardiac care, orthopedics, spine treatment, ER 24/7, and general surgery. We are known for our advanced services, including the Tampa Bay Heart Institute and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Radiology and Neurologic Care. We are the first nationally recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pinellas County and have received numerous awards for our quality and safety. Our employees have voted us as a Tampa Bay Times Top Workplace in 2020.
The Hospital is seeking a Florida-licensed IR/ Special Procedures Technologist trained in Interventional Radiology (IR). The Interventional Radiology Technologist will demonstrate competency in all diagnostic and standard interventional radiology procedures, participate in the on-call schedule, and work as an active member of the Special Procedures team under the direction of radiologists, invasive cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Valid ARRT certification
- Clear/active Florida state licensure (CRT)
- Associate Degree / 2-year Radiologic Technology program completion
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Minimum of 18 months experience in Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, and kneeling
- Lifting and/or carrying patients/objects/equipment (exert up to 75 lbs force and/or lift/carry up to 25 lbs frequently)
- Shift Times: Days, Evening, Nights, or Weekends (8, 10, 12-hour shifts are flexible).
- ON CALL IS REQUIRED: Must be within 30 mins while on call.
- Salary Range: (MIN)-$30 (MID)- $36 (MAX)- $42
- SIGN ON: $20,000 SIGN ON
- Relocation: Case by case
- On-call pay: $4
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing and analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility for the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor.
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results (including performing delta checks, etc.).
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs, and resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, quality control, standard, calibration, and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines.
Benefits of Working at HCA Florida Northside Hospital:
- Competitive salary with sign-on bonus: The Special Procedures position includes a $20,000 sign-on bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits package: HCA Northside Hospital offers a range of medical, dental, and vision packages, ensuring you and your family have access to quality healthcare.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Employees have the opportunity to accrue paid time off for vacations, personal time, and more.
- Tuition reimbursement programs: HCA Healthcare supports employees' professional growth by offering generous tuition reimbursement programs.
- 401k with matching: Employees can save for their future with a 401k plan that includes a 100% annual match. and much more
Ready to join our dedicated team? Apply now and take your career to the next level!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.