Inpatient Coding Lead
Vendor Resource Inpatient Coding Lead
Contact: Amanda Freeland
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Vendor Resource Inpatient Coding Lead
Location: Nashville, TN
Work Mode: Work From Home
Parallon provides comprehensive revenue cycle management services for HCA Healthcare. This includes scheduling, registration, insurance verification, billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll, and physician billing. Serving nearly 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, Parallon impacts patients, providers, and communities.
- Participate in the review and improvement of processes and services.
- Analyze quality data to identify trends and address them.
- Prepare and present coder education based on trends.
- Monitor vendor staff adherence to coding guidelines and policies.
- Manage coding vendor daily workflow.
- Perform quality reviews of inpatient and/or outpatient records.
- Validate accuracy of codes assigned by CAC tool.
- Monitor the monthly random, focus, prebill review, and Ad Hoc quality review process.
- Submit and review coding appeals.
- Monitor communication logs between the HSCs and the coding vendors.
- Undergraduate degree in HIM/HIT preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years acute care inpatient and/or outpatient coding experience.
- Coding auditing/monitoring experience strongly preferred.
- Associate Degree.
- Certifications: CCS, RHIA, or RHIT.
- Acute care, inpatient, DRG experience.
- Experience in EPIC, CHC, 3M.
- Proficiency in EXCEL.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical experience preferred.
- Salary range: $29.78 - $35.74 - $41.69 per hour.
- Annual incentive: 2-3% of base (quality and production up to 95%).
- Candidates residing in California or Colorado will not be accepted.
- FTE's: 2
- Daily Vendor Call at 7:30 CST.
How to Apply:
If you are a professional with a keen eye for detail, a passion for ensuring the accuracy of medical coding, and the ability to lead a team, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Keywords: Coding, Quality Review, Specialist, Healthcare, Job Opportunity.