Medical Surgical Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical
Location: Sunnyside, WA 98944
Shift: 3x12-Hour (19:00 - 07:00)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-week renewable contract
We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) with experience in Medical Surgical nursing to join our team. As an RN in our Medical Surgical unit, you will provide comprehensive care to patients with various medical conditions. This position offers a 13-week renewable contract on the night shift. If you are a first-time traveler looking to gain valuable experience, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide holistic nursing care to adult patients in the Medical Surgical unit.
- Assess patients' conditions, administer medications, and manage treatments according to established protocols.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to develop and implement individualized care plans.
- Monitor and evaluate patient responses to treatments and interventions.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation using the Pyxis medication system and the Cerner documentation system.
- Participate in patient education and provide support to patients and their families.
- Perform assigned nursing tasks, including but not limited to medication administration, wound care, and IV therapy.
- Respond effectively to emergencies and changes in patients' conditions.
- Participate in on-call duties and provide weekend coverage as scheduled.
- Valid RN license in the state of Washington.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Medical Surgical setting.
- ACLS and BCLS certifications.
- Experience with medication administration using the Pyxis system.
- Proficiency in documentation using the Cerner system.
- Excellent clinical assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Note: As per our facility's guidelines, all employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be considered. First time travelers are welcome to apply.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Medical Surgical nurse seeking a new opportunity, apply now to join our team. We offer a supportive work environment, professional growth opportunities, and the chance to make a positive impact on the lives of our patients.