Neonatal Pediatric Respiratory Therapist
Job Title: Neonatal Pediatric Respiratory Therapist
Location: Asheville, NC 28801
Shift: Full-Time, Nights, 3x12
Salary: $50,544-$81,713/year based on experience.
We are currently seeking a skilled and compassionate Neonatal Pediatric Respiratory Therapist to join our team. As a Respiratory Therapist, you will be responsible for providing treatment, care, and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. If you have experience in neonatal and pediatric respiratory care and provide exceptional patient care, we encourage you to apply.
- Deliver and assess responses to ordered therapy per the plan of care, including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilize various types of oxygen and therapeutic gas equipment, such as masks, tents, and incubators.
- Administer prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measure ventilator volumes, pressures, and perform blood gas analysis.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Perform a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- Respond to emergency team calls.
- Educate patients and family members, providing information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Provide age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orient and mentor new staff members.
- Follow Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Required Education: Associates Degree in Respiratory Care OR Completion of an accredited Respiratory Care Program.
- Required License: Registered by NBRC; a current North Carolina License issued by North Carolina or willing to obtain within 30 days.
- Preferred Certifications: ACLS, PALS, NRP (Pediatric-Perinatal Specialty).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- Required Experience: None.
- Preferred Experience: 2 years of Critical Care experience.
- Full vaccination for COVID-19 based on local, state, and/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $10,000
Join our dedicated team of healthcare professionals and make a difference in the lives of our patients. Apply now to become a valued member of our Neonatal Pediatric Respiratory Therapist team.