Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology
Location: La Plata, MD 20646
Shift: 4x10-Hour (07:00 - 17:00)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 13-week renewable contract
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Interventional Radiology team. As an RN in Interventional Radiology, you will play a crucial role in providing direct patient care, assisting with various procedures, and ensuring the safety and comfort of our patients. This is a 13-week renewable contract position with the possibility of extension.
- Provide high-quality nursing care to patients undergoing interventional radiology procedures.
- Assess patients' conditions before, during, and after procedures and ensure their safety and comfort throughout the process.
- Administer medications, IV fluids, and conscious sedation as required and monitor patients' responses.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to develop and implement individualized care plans for patients.
- Assist physicians during procedures by preparing and maintaining sterile fields, monitoring vital signs, and providing necessary supplies and equipment.
- Monitor patients' hemodynamic status and intervene promptly in case of any complications.
- Educate patients and their families about the procedures, potential risks, and aftercare instructions.
- Document all patient interactions, assessments, interventions, and outcomes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to infection control protocols, safety standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Maryland.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) setting.
- Prior experience in Interventional Radiology is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work day shifts, including on-call, holidays, and weekends as required.
- Must have received the COVID-19 vaccine as per facility guidelines, with medical or religious exemptions accepted.
- Excellent clinical and critical thinking skills to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with patients, families, and the healthcare team.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
- Proficiency in utilizing electronic medical records and documentation systems.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing patient needs, and work demands.
Join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals and contribute to providing exceptional care to patients undergoing interventional radiology procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your skills and expertise while working in a supportive and collaborative environment. Apply now to start your rewarding career journey with us!